1. Bestever Bear Baby Mat – I don’t know who loves the bear mat more, Boston or I. It’s soft, cushiony and all kinds of awesome. Boston plays on it, sleeps on it and hangs out on it. It’s machine washable, too! He’s on it right now, just talking to the air and being a happy baby!
2. Nap Nanny Chill – THIS IS MY FAVORITE BABY ITEM. Sadly it was recalled a few months back after I received it but decided to use it anyway. I’m assuming some morons decided not to read the lengthy warning label right on the product itself but whatever. It props Boston up just perfect so he doesn’t spit up and he is always happy in it. He has been known to sleep for well over 4 hours in it, too! It ‘cooks’ him just right [it makes him all warm and toasty, which is the perfect recipe for a sleeping baby!]. I swear by it! I put him in it, throw a blanket or two on and around him and he’s out like a light almost every time, as long as his tummy is full and his diaper is empty.
3. Graco SweetPeace Infant Soothing Swing – When my parents came to visit Boston when he was just a few days old they bought him this swing and I must say, it’s awesome! All of us ended up deciding on this one because of all it’s options. It’s swings and sways, it plays a ton of different music, an ocean noise and a heartbeat sound. You can hook up an iPod to it as well, but I’m not that techy. He can sleep in this for hours and if he isn’t sleeping it in he has a smile from ear to ear while he giggles and enjoys being a baby. Oh, and the ‘basket’ he sits in comes off the swing and serves as a seat. Yeah, it’s that awesome.
4. Graco FastAction Fold Travel System with SnugRide Car Seat - Lightweight, easy to maneuver and easy to manipulate. I am so happy we decided on this one! Boston loves his car seat and loves laying in his stroller when we go for walks. It’s light enough that I can fold up the stroller all on my own and toss is in the trunk. The stroller itself is really roomy and it will serve him for quite awhile, I don’t see him growing out of it anytime soon unlike a lot of those la-tee-dah strollers that are only good for itty bitty infants.
5. Lansinoh Nursing Pads – Let’s be honest, if you’re breastfeeding you are going to leak and if you’re anything like me you’re going to be a damn faucet. I can’t go without nursing pads unless I constantly want a wet shirt, which I don’t. I tried the Medela brand nursing pads at first and they just didn’t do it for me. They bunched up, became saturated rather quickly and wouldn’t retain the milk well. After I finished off my Medela brand I tried the Lansinoh brand and instantly concluded they are MUCH better. They don’t bunch up, they are super absorbent and they are much more comfortable.
6. Tommee Tippee Bottles – Although I breastfeed, I prefer to pump and put the milk into a bottle, Boston prefers this method as well. He’s really demanding and [to put it bluntly] he beats the shit out of my poor boobs. He has been known to head butt, punch, scratch and try to remove my breasts. With that being said, these bottles are terrific. They don’t have a lot of parts like some brands and they are super easy to clean. I have heard complaints of the nipples collapsing but we have not encountered this problem. I have no complaints and no desire to try another brand.
7. Grey Burp Cloths – Towards the very end of my pregnancy I decided we didn’t have enough burp cloths and found myself searching Etsy for something cute yet durable and came across these. I had no idea I would use them as much as I do! I constantly have one next to me, I have one hanging on his cosleeper for night feedings, I have one in his diaper bag and I currently have one 6 inches to my left. They are thick and soft. Boston has been known to fall asleep on them while being burped on my chest. I love them!
8. Boppy Infant Feeding & Support Pillow – Everyone was right, the Boppy is AMAZING. It’s uses are endless, whether you use it to nurse, feed, cuddle, support or comfort your little one, you will use it a lot! Boston’s favorite use for it is when Jim puts it on his lap with Boston and a blanket while they play Xbox together. Boston knocks out right away every time and Jim gets some gaming time, it’s a win/win situation! The good thing about the Boppy is that it continues to be useful as your child grows! Definitely a fantastic investment.
9. Arm’s Reach Mini Classic C0-Sleeper – THIS. This product makes it possible for Boston to sleep right next to our bed every single night safely and comfortably. It attaches to the bed underneath the mattress to keep it safely in place and makes keeping an eye on my little one throughout the night so easy. We haven’t had a single issue with it and it makes late night nursing a cinch. I plan on keeping him in our room using the co-sleeper until he’s about 3 months old and then we’ll try out the crib.
10. Wubbanub – This damn thing is a life saver. For the first 3 weeks of his life we were constantly putting his ‘binker’ back in his mouth because he just couldn’t seem to keep it in for more than a few sucks at a time before it ended up in his lap. He wasn’t a happy baby when his binker fell out either, let me tell you. I had heard about this product from some moms on Instagram and figured I would give it a shot. SO WORTH IT! We have named it ‘Woobie’ or ‘Woobz’ and they have become good friends. Boston is now holding onto Woobz! Not to mention, Woobz is very easy to find when need be!
11. Medela Swing Single Electric Breast Pump – I ended up getting a single breast pump and I am very happy I did. I feel like a have a lot of freedom with just one pump. The mechanics work great, it’s comfortable and it has a lot of settings from super light pump to ‘OMG don’t tear my nipple off’. I have had no problem getting milk out with this bad boy!
12. Boon Lawn Counter Top Drying Rack - I am such a fan of this product. Not only is it super cute, fun and modern but it holds clean bottles with no issues and the water drains to the bottom so the clean bottles aren’t sitting in stagnant water. There are two sizes and I ended up going with the larger one and I am so happy I did! Two thumbs up!
Honorable Mention: Kid Rock’s ‘Bawitdaba’ on constant repeat because it’s Boston’s favorite song and silences him almost immediately every single time!